Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Moving

Yes, we are finally moved to our new place. Not anywhere near unpacked, but at least we're in one place. How do two people have so much crammed into a small two bedroom apartment? Hard to figure out. But the new place is great, and much bigger, so hopefully it'll suffice for awhile. Now for some real news.

Not really. It's a bit weird, but there really isn't anything to blog about, or that inspires me to do it. As you know my grandmother died, and I just found out my aunt on my dad's side passed away Sunday. She was actually my grand aunt (grandmother's sister) but I spent quite a bit of time with her. I'm fortunate in that none of my relatives on either side were mean, so we spent time with everyone as kids. How many people can say that about their extended families?

So, since I've been a bit quiet, what else is going on? Not much. I finished off road season with a string of good performances: a 6th and 9th in a stage race, giving me 5th overall, and a string of top 10 finishes elsewhere. About time my legs showed up. Now I'm into cyclocross season, and it could be going better. Maybe if I trained more, but with the traveling, the funeral, work, and moving, I'm just starting to get back into a routine. We'll see. Three races and 17th, 9th, and 12th aren't bad, but I hope to improve.

No comments: