Friday, July 25, 2008

Sometimes we expect nothing, and end up being blown away

Ever look at something and think "well, this looks like it's going to be mediocre, at best" but then end up being absolutely stunned at how amazing the result is? Well, that's what's happened with this year's Tour de France. I won't bore you with details, but in my over 20 years of following the traveling circus of professional cycling, I've only seen one other that was better. 1989, when the final outcome was in doubt until 200 meters from the line was a nail biter. This year is almost as close, and I can't wait to see who's on top this coming Sunday.

But what makes this race so great? Honestly, the racing has been beyond superlatives, but the coverage has been great, too. I wish I taped this year's race, as the scenery has been stunning. Makes me want to go to France for vacation, especially with my bike.

I've been considering posting about politics, the enviroment, bad plastic water bottles, or gas prices. I won't. I'm just going to say this much: try to drive less, get every ounce of info on all the candidates, and get some stainless steel water bottles. That's all I got!

1 comment:

David Amulet said...

I'm surprised the coverage has been so light for those not looking for it!