Friday, May 26, 2006

Funny story and an update

After the highly serious last post, I think we all need some levity. So here we go. Very quickly.

I was in a field sprint at a race in MA in 1991, and things were getting pretty physical. I went to grab a guy's arm and shake him as us sprinters do sometimes, and it came off!! He had a prosthesus! I handed it to him with a look of utter bewilderment on my face, he tucked it under his partial arm, and we finished the race a few seconds later. I think I said something like "I think this is yours". LAter I went to apologize and he said it happens on a regular basis.

Ok, I'm in the process of moving things so they can either be thrown out, reside at my brother's or get taken to TX, or at least SC to my parent's house for a bit. My ankle still is messed up, and I just got in from the doc. I'm hoping to be able to race Sunday. It all depends on how my ankle is coming along. I need to invest in Aleve...

MY sweetie is stressing about the time in SC, but I know we'll enjoy it. Can't wait to drive around in the golf cart...heehee!!!!!

2 comments:

Bearette said...

OMG, that's awful...and funny at the same time ;) Why do the sprinters shake each other?

SK said...

golf cart fun, oh my!

That story reminds of me a scene in Happy Gilmore.