Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Change of plans, which sucks

Well, I'm heading to SC on Friday, because my mom guilted me into it. I'm NOT racing on Sat in New Britain, CT. You have no idea how much this bums me out. I am sure I'd have been ranked first in NY for my category on points, which would have let me upgrade when I got to TX. I am pretty sure I'd have even cracked the top 50 nationwide. But my mom was upset I was going to drive from up here in MA at my sister's house to Kingston to close out my bank accounts and get my last pay from my old job and drive back. Then race on Sat and drive back to Kingston to load up, spend the night at my brother's place, and get on my way Sun.

Basically she threatened to not let my sweetie stay at the house if I didn't come down and help them with some projects around the house, because they're stupid and my mom's way too nitpicky. No one can ever do a job well enough for her, and since I don't have to make a living at putting in molding and painting trim, I have the time to do it her way, or so she thinks. Bottom line is this: I'll do whatever projects she has in mind, but if they're not ready to go when I get there, they're off the list. Plus, I need to make up for not riding since Hartford a week and a half ago.

This is because I've been busy moving, but also was part of my plan for the race this coming weekend. Of course, I was also planning on training starting Monday, which hasn't happened. So if I want to do the TX state championships on 6/25, I am not going to waste my time unless I have the form, and that means many miles in my legs. Argh!!!

That is it, kids.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate honeydo lists! ::GRIN:: Whether they be from The Mrs or my Mum! They interfere with prime training time!

SK said...

honeydo lists from the girlfriend (no mrs. yet.. lol) might be a little more *ahem* interesting than ones from mom.

*wink wink*