Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Please, let me enjoy this

It finally arrived, today Steph got here and now we can be together forever. Dorky sounding, I know, but hey, it's my blog. Anyway, so far it's going well, and tomorrow we get to spend some time by ourselves (from my family, that is) and most likely will head to the beach. Or pool. Or somewhere.

I could go on and on, but let's just say I keep thinking it's all a dream. What's more like a nightmare is the fun I've had trying to get parts for my roofrack. I used a trunk rack to get my bikes down here, but it was a stopgap measure. So, I decided I wanted to use a roofrack in the garage, but it's designed for bikes with rain gutters, and my new car has none. So I spent quite a bit of time looking online and locally for what I needed from Thule. Of course, no one had a major part I needed, so this morning before I went to pick up my love, I ordered and paid for expedited shipping from aplace that actually had everything in stock. Now it's supposed to get her Friday sometime, and we're leaving Saturday early. Ugh.

I rode Mon, but that's it. It was about 95 and windy, so my ride wasn't too long, about two large bottles worth of gatorade. But I rode well, and my ankle is finally healed so I was able to really go hard for a bit. Sometime on Sun we should be rolling into Austin, and I can't wait. Well, that's it.

No comments: