Friday, April 21, 2006

Yes, I am ecstatic

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=mgy44&gallery_id=363612&image_id=67
ME climbing a 23% hill on a dirt road last week. I PAID to do this??!!!!??

Ok, we all know I love to race my bike. We all know I love to write about it. Well, first of all, I am going to let you in on a little secret. I have a rider's diary on a site called Spokepost.com, and I also do feature articles for them. I even get pics put up once in a great while. (Please scroll to the bottom of the title page to see my pic of Chris Horner at the Cyclocross Nationals this past December. Shameless, I am.) But it's official. Big news to me. Lake George NY is finally hosting a bike race!

This is big why? Well, the Adirondacks are my favorite place for many reasons. Though I'm not a huge fan of Lake George, (it's a bit too touristy for me) it is in the Adirondack Park, and I haven't raced inside the blue line in many years. Plus, it's a criterium!!!! MY specialty, only 31 feet of elevation change in .95 miles! I'm so psyched!!!!! The finish is a slightly downhill sprint, which favors me. YES!!!!!! I damn well better get a top three (win) or I should hang up my bike. This is so cool.

Now I know this means nothing to most of you out there, but this is my race schedule for the remainder of my time up here in the wonderful northeast.

April 30 Binghamton cicuit race Binghamton, NY
May 7 Williamstown Criterium Williamstown, MA (2 races in a row, woohoo!!!)
May 13 Lake George Criterium Lake George, NY
May 28 Hartford Downtown Criterium Hartford, CT (2 races again, I love to hurt myself)
June 10 Nutmeg State Games New Britain CT (3 races in a day, one of my favorite events)
June 17 Cyclonauts Criterium Stafford Springs, CT (The big test, 4 20 mile races in one day)

That will be all, folks. Other than 2 races I hope to return for in New Hampshire and Maine in mid September, my racing in the northeast will be as a guest, only. June 18th, launch day...

No comments: