Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ebay, baby

Yup. I have lots of stuff that really has no purpose being harbored by my life. So it's time to organize and start listing. I mean, let's be realistic. When was the last time I read one of the magazines I have from the 50's? Don't get me wrong, I love my Jayne Mansfield stuff, but it sits in a bookcase, never read.

So my scanner is now getting a good workout. I'm scanning what I want, and will list it all. Less to move, worry about, and the space it takes up can be used by other things, like bike racing magazines that reside with me until I pawn them off on my dad. Or the bins of unbuilt car models, and old movies, and Hot Wheels and Matchboxes...

Why am I doing this? Well, first of all, I've been streamlining my life of physical items for about a year now. In a perfect world I'd have no need for a storage unit, and could move all my stuff in one trip. With a small truck, not a huge monster like I need now. Besides, books and magazines get heavy. But I digress. Really I just want to simplify, and be ready to move whenever that happens. No secret I'm not 100% thrilled with where I am.

Every once in a while I get to focusing on my life and what I really am interested in. Then I see all this stuff related to peripheral interests, and need to get rid of it. Besides, I can make a decent chunk of change doing this...

...and in doing so begin the next chapter of my life.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I use to be a big pack rat, but at some point in time made a mental shift and I just don't hold onto things anymore. If it doesn't serve a purpose or bring me joy, it's gone.