Monday, March 06, 2006

I survived

Well, three down, 62 more to go. I went to Bethel and did my three races. Oooogghhh!!! The first race, the easiest, I felt horrible. Of course, the fact that about half a lap into it I attacked and caught another guy off the front might have something to do with it. It was windy, cold (12 degrees when I got there) but otherwise good. Anyway, I decided to bale on the second race, but it turned out that what I thought was my second race was another race, so I pinned my number back on and went to the line again. Amazingly, I felt much better, though the distance was longer and the pace was higher. Not that I did any better, but... Finally, I took th eline for my third race. This was the fastest race of all by far, and the longest. Somehow I managed to find the strength to steal an intermediate sprint that was worth all of ten dollars (early season races don't exactly pay well) and then hang on for dear life. Two pics were taken of me, but alas, dear readers, they are only for a certain set of eyes. Next time for you guys...
So, the official results say we averaged 22.7 mph for the first race which was about 18 miles long, 24.9 for the second race which was 22 miles, and an effin' fast scream of 29.8 for the third race, which we covered 31 miles. Yup, a hard day of racing to whip this softy into shape. I'm happy how it went, overall. It's a long season, and I prefer to race my self into shape after laying a base down, which is precisely what I'm doing. Oh, and did I mention it was cold?
Other than that, my weekend was good. I'm still smiling from ear to ear.

3 comments:

SK said...

I'm so glad you did it and are officially "back in the saddle" again.

Wish I could have been there to cheer you on but we were sending you good vibes all morning! I'm looking forward to seeing you race one day! =)

Lisa said...

Don't go spending that money all in one place, young man!

Mike said...

The big earnings went towards gas, it was only $2.24 a gallon!!!! Woohoo!!!!

Lostintx: You'll see me race soon and often enough...back in the saddle, heheh....