Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Snnnnooooooowwwwww Leeeeeoooopppaaarrrdddd!!!!!!





Ok, so some of you may know I wear a snow leopard earband when it's cold and I ride my bike. I also have a matching pom pom hat, and a purse that I use as a camera bag. All are from Old Navy and all are from the women's department. In fact, here we have a pic of the bag.

Laugh all you want, at races I get complements and it gets attention, which is what a sponsor wants. But I decided to illustrate the point that we cyclists are never shy about our equipment...

So here are a few pics of one of my heroes, Mario Cipollini, who retired last May with something like 189 wins in his career since 1989 when he started as a pro. Just thought you'd like to see I'm not the only nut in cycling...

4 comments:

SK said...

Awww..man, I thought you were the only nut. :) I was also expecting a pic of YOU in your snow leapard hat..that would have been very entertaining.

Bearette said...

LOL...i love the pink one. he was very secure in his masculinity ;)

Mike said...

Mario rode the course of the prologue for the Giro d'Italia last year after all the competitors completed their runs. His skinsuit is the color of the leader's jersey for the Giro, which is called the maglia rosa, or rose shirt. The leader wears a rose/pink jersey because the paper that started the race was originally printed on rose colored paper. Anyway, Mario has won more stages of the Giro than anyone else, something like 49 I think. On that pink skinsuit are the dates and names of the towns where he won all the stages. They called him the Lion King because he used to have really long blond hair. Not a guy to mess with in a sprint. He'd rather crash then give an inch.

As for our security of being maculine, think about it. We shave our legs, wear outrageous patterns on already outrageous clothes for the sport...

Lora said...

You attract attention? You don't need props, it comes naturally. But the props are quite cool.