Sunday, February 26, 2006

I love things I can't understand...

Like cellphones, and html, and computers, and women... But I digress. So I've been doing the domestic thing today, laundry, dusting, vacuuming, trying to organize my stuff. I've also started a not even half hearted effort to find my own apartment. It's for a variety of reasons.

One, I'm sick of driving 54 miles each day to and from work, especially when that 27 mile trip takes at least 35 minutes each day, but it's usually 40-45 minutes. then, I have to drive one of the most lethal roads in this part of the state. I have no desire to become a statisic. Add to that my housemate doesn't exactly plan for things, and her brother is always eating my food and using my clean towels when he shows up (and I've talked to him about it)and my patience is wearing thin. Oh, and her not telling me she was having a realtor come to appraise theh ouse a few eeks ago didn't give me a good feeling. I think being prepared is a good thing.

Ok, not much else going on here. The company I work for has matched Joey Cheek's donation, and will match whatever any employee gives, as well. So, being creative, we came up with an incentive at my location. We call it a 45/45/10 raffle. If you win, you get 10% of the total, Make a Wish gets 45%, and Joey Cheek's charity gets 45%. and all of the donations are matched. Yeah, you shouldn't be rewarded for charity in this way, but it's the only way to get the high schoolers to donate. Tickets are a dollar, and these kids are shellingout 5-10 dollars each, so it increases the charitable contribution overall.

My parents are coming up in two weeks to visit with my 90 something year old grandmother. (I think she's 92) It's a late birthday celebration, as my parents, brother and sister and their families and I will be there. Of course, it's a long day for me, as I'll be just east of Danbury, CT, then have to go to Amsterdam about half an hour west of Albany to see my grandmother. But I think I might get Jack-O-Lantern (my third bike) then, too. Woohoo!!!

Ok, then, another day of riding in the basement awaits. Hopefully it'll help me for the 5th. Yup, I'm getting nervous. I'm really light from eating better and riding, plus that fever. Only problem is I feel I have no power. I can go forever right now, I can do short, intense efforts, but I don't have what it takes to dig deep and push really hard for long periods. I'll have to work on that.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I'm so glad to see that Joey Cheek's donation getting some attention and continuing to raise funds. Thanks for mentioning it.