Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I might be a genius, but god, I'm dumb....

I haven't been able to watch tv for about a month. All because I fell asleep one night watching Tour de France tapes (I have every tour since 1989 on tape. I said I was a geek!) and rolled over on the tv remote. Or the satellite remote. Anyway, I could watch tapes and DVDs, but no tv. Hmmmm. I couldn't figure it out. I only got the blue screen of sarcasm, the tv mocking me. So, I decided I wanted to try and watch the Olympics tonight. So I went into the den and started resetting everything. Nothing worked, just like all the other times. Then I changed the channel of the tv with the tv remote. Yup, I was one channel off... Lots of people have been saying that for years. LOL So now I have tv. That's right, ladies, I hate all these nutty tv systems, etc. I'm happy I can run the sound through my stereo speakers. I'm able to rebuild a Lampredi designed Ferrari v-12 from 1958, but can't get a tv to work...

A friend of mine was online last night and she asked me what I did for V-Day. Told her I rode my bike. She said "So you spent it with the love of your life, huh?" It was a joke, but damn, how true. I wasn't too thrilled about being alone in all senses of the word, but after I rode, it was ok. It's so therapeutic. Oh, and my buddy stopped by work to tell me the idiot who was with him yesterday bawled for 20 minutes after I left because she felt so bad after I told her off. I hope she learned something.

The annoying immature girl at work got a major warning today, as in "do it again and you can get your things and leave immediately. " Of course, I'm afraid she's going to set me up somehow, but I've dealt with things like this in the past, so it'll be ok. Today she just talked to me when she needed something, and thanked me for my help. That's all I ask.

That's the news, and I'm outta here! (Quick, where is that from and who said it?) Post your answer or guess in my comments. You'll win absolutely nothing but my congratualtions. But it will be genuine. I love you all, so love more people, too.

2 comments:

SK said...

Was it that movie with Will Ferrell - Anchorman? No wait, SNL!!!

Mike said...

Hey, close enough!!! Dennis Miller, my hero of intellectual sub referencing humor. You're almost old enough to have seen him on there.